Search for a Star Competition Terms & Conditions
By entering Choc Lit Publishing & Soundings competition, you agree to accept and be bound by these T&Cs. All entry instructions and criteria form part of the T&Cs of the competition and should be followed. All information detailing how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules.
- Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entry to the Choc Lit & Soundings competition is FREE and no purchase is necessary to enter or win a three book deal with the publishers (in eBook, paperback, audio and audio CD). To be released in accordance with the publishers schedule.
- Open to UK residents aged 18 or over only.
- Competition closes at midnight on Thursday 28 February 2019.
- Late or incomplete entries will not be accepted.
- One entry per person. Bulk and/or third party entries will be rejected.
- Entries should be submitted via the website as detailed in the instructions. No postal or unsolicited email entries will be accepted.
- Entries will be accepted from writers not previously published in fiction.
- Work must not be previously published, or accepted by an agent or publisher.
- The overall winner will be selected by the editing team of both Choc Lit and Soundings and their decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- Should the winner decline the prize, or fail to meet the criteria or conditions it will be offered to the runner-up.
- The winner will be expected to sign a three book deal Agreement with Choc Lit Publishing which will incorporate the audio from Soundings which is part of the Ulverscroft Group. If an Agreement can not be reached, it will be offered to the runner-up.
- By entering this competition you agree, should you become a runner up or winner, that your name, your location and details of the work will be promoted on social media, Your Cat Magazine and stated in press releases to the trade and local media.
- Runners up will be notified by email and the winning entry will be expected to conduct a Skype interview.
- The prime promoter of Search for a Star competitions is Choc Lit Ltd., Penrose House, Crawley Drive, Camberley, GU15 2AB. Choc Lit Ltd. is a Limited Liability company incorporated in England and Wales, with registered number 6933599. VAT registration number is GB 972645195.