Got what it takes to create a stunning Ruby Fiction book or a Choc Lit hero?
Enter our Search for a Star competition!
We are a Digital First traditional publisher, our paperbacks are distributed to the trade wholesalers and available from most good bookshops and libraries. We are also represented by a UK, Australian & New Zealand sales team. Our eBooks and audio downloads are on all the major platforms and distributed to libraries.
Please ensure you follow these guidelines to enter the Search for a Star competition:
| Submission Criteria:
* suitable for a female adult audience
* 60,000 to 100,000 words long
* in English
* completed – we can’t consider works in progress
* previously unpublished
* not currently accepted by any other publisher or agent
* women’s fiction : romance, thrillers, saga, mystery, chick lit, historical, fantasy, etc.
* YOUR STORY MUST IN SOME WAY INCLUDE A CAT!
OPEN TO UK RESIDENTS AGED 18 and over
Please ensure you have your novel assessed before you enter the competition. You will be asked to name the assessment/editing service on the Online Form. There are many organisations offering manuscript assessment services. Once your novel is ready to be submitted, please complete the Online Form on the next page.
Please DO NOT email any unsolicited attachments (manuscripts, synopsis, first three chapters, etc.) as they will be lost in our spam folder and you won’t get a response.
Notes to help your submission:
Remember that a synopsis provides the whole story of your novel in a nutshell – the main characters, their motivations and a summary of the plot, including the ending.
* Social media activity (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) and online skills are necessary for all Ruby and Choc Lit authors as we expect them to be proactive and help us by pursuing publicity opportunities.
* Provide your writing experience, any success in short stories or writing competitions, or anything else you feel is relevant.
* If we feel your synopsis has met our criteria we will request, via email, your complete novel in MS Word or RTF (text file). Please present this as professionally as possible. Our submissions are reviewed by our Tasting Panel, independent readers who can be quite picky about badly presented manuscripts, so don’t give them an excuse to fail yours.
Meet our criteria? Click the Online Form button to complete your submission.